On June 27, 2002 As part of a six-player deal, the Indians trade their #1 starter, right-hander Bartolo Colon, to the Expos for first baseman Lee Stevens, three minor league prospects and cash. Those three youngsters are SS Brandon Phillips, southpaw Cliff Lee and flycatcher Grady Sizemore, all of whom will become top-flight major leaguers.
December 13, 2010
1966 – The Braves fire Bobby Bragan (52-59) and install coach Billy Hitchcock as their new manager. In today’s game, 52,270 watch as Felipe Alou hits a leadoff home run off Sandy Koufax. The Dodgers tie it, but Eddie Mathews adds a 9th-inning solo home run to beat the Dodgers’ ace, 2 – 1.
August 9, 1966
The Mexico City Red Devils win the Mexican League title with a 6 – 1 win over the Monterrey Sultans. Elmer Dessens allows one run in 8 innings to improve to 3-0 in the postseason, while Alfredo Simon takes the loss. DH Roberto Saucedo’s 2-run homer in the 5th is the winning blow. José Luis Sandoval goes 1 for 3 with 2 RBI; he wins the MVP award for the finals.
August 24, 2008
Stan Coveleski of the Cleveland Indians pitches a 19-inning, complete game to defeat the New York Yankees 3 – 2. Former P Joe Wood hits a home run in the 19th inning – his second of the game – to end the 3:45 marathon. For New York‚ Home Run Baker’s 11 assists tie the American League record for a third baseman in an extra-inning game.
May 24, 1918
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- The Greatest Game Ever Pitched: Juan Marichal, Warren Spahn, and the Pitching Duel of the Century $14.95
- Robison Field 1893 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your St. Louis Cardinals $18.00
- The 50 Greatest Players in Pittsburgh Pirates History $30.00
- Oriole Park at Camdon Yards 1992 Baseball Sweatshirt Crewneck or Hoodie - Home Of Your Baltimore Orioles $30.00
- 1960 Pittsburgh Pirates Maz Walkoff Win $31.50 – $39.00
- Player Page Sponsorship $25.00