On February 14 , 1884, the Pittsburgh Alleghenys sold pitcher Bob Barr to the Washington Nationals, reportedly for $100. It’s listed as the first transaction with another Major League team in Pittsburgh Pirates franchise history. Barr was 6-18, 4.38 in 203.1 innings as a 26-year-old rookie with the 1883 Alleghenys. He had a career 49-98 record in the majors, and even in his best season when he won 28 games in 1890, he still led the league with 24 losses. He will be purchased again in 1891 by the Giants for $1500.
About The Author
We make your memories come to life!
November 23, 1964
The Reds send 2B Johnny Temple to the Indians for 2B Billy Martin, P Cal McLish, and 1B Gordy Coleman.
December 15, 1959
February 8, 1982
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Wake Up with some of the most famous bats with the lumber company mug $12.50 – $17.50
- The Astrodome 1965 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Houston Astros $18.00
- Wrigley Field 1916 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Chicago Cubs $18.00
- Managers do not like relief pitchers who fail $21.50 – $29.00
- Oakland Alameda Stadium 1968 Baseball Tee Shirt - Home of Your Oakland A's $18.00
- County Stadium 1970 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Milwaukee Brewers & Braves $18.00