On August 14, 1971, future Hall of Famer Bob Gibson of the St. Louis Cardinals pitches the first no-hitter of his career. Gibson strikes out 10 batters and also drives in three runs in an 11-0 whitewash of the Pittsburgh Pirates. The no-hitter is the first in the history of Pittsburgh’s Three Rivers Stadium.
Tom Phoebus of the Baltimore Orioles pitches a 6 – 0 no hitter against the visiting Boston Red Sox. Third baseman Brooks Robinson drives in three runs and makes a great catch to rob Rico Petrocelli of a hit in the 8th inning.
April 27, 1968
May 15, 1952
September 20, 1958
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Shibe Park 1909 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the Philadelphia A's $18.00
- 1979 Pittsburgh Pirates we are family Championship remembered $31.50 – $39.00
- Oakland Alameda Stadium 1968 Baseball Tee Shirt - Home of Your Oakland A's $18.00
- Plate Create $45.00
- Wake Up with some of the most famous bats with the lumber company mug $12.50 – $17.50
- Keepsake Engraved Bats $40.00