On May 7, 1999, Bruce Aven hits the first pinch-hit grand slam in Marlin history. The 27 year-old rookie’s seventh inning four-run round-tripper off Alan Mills proves to be the difference when Florida beats LA at Chavez Ravine, 6-3.
1945 – The Senators again muff a chance to go into first place, dropping a pair to the Yankees, 3 – 2 and 3 – 1. In between games, Nats pitcher Bert Shepard receives the Distinguished Flying Cross for his service in World War II. Shepard lost his leg in battle.
August 31, 1945
Seattle takes a 2-0 lead in its American League Division Series, defeating the Chicago White Sox, 5 – 2. Jay Buhner hits a home run for Seattle while Paul Abbott is the winning pitcher.
October 4, 2000
Well drilling in Toronto. Starter David Wells of the Blue Jays is opposed by Bob Wells of the Minnesota Twins who strikes out Jays rookie Vernon Wells. Toronto wins, 6 – 1.
September 2, 1999
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Oriole Park at Camdon Yards 1992 Baseball Sweatshirt Crewneck or Hoodie - Home Of Your Baltimore Orioles $30.00
- What Shift? hit 'em where they ain't $13.50 – $19.00
- The Chatty Catcher $21.50 – $29.00
- The Kingdome 1977 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Seattle Mariners $18.00
- Yankee Stadium 1923 Baseball Sweatshirt Crewneck or Hoodie - Home Of Your New York Yankees $30.00
- This Day In Baseball Mug