On May 31, 1961, Carroll Hardy of the Boston Red Sox becomes the only player to pinch-hit for both Ted Williams and Carl Yastrzemski. Subbing for Yaz in the eighth inning, Hardy lays down a bunt single during a 7-6 loss.
At Fenway Park, In his first major league at-bat, Gates Brown delivers a pinch-hit home run in the Tigers’ 9-2 loss to Boston. He is the 11th player to homer in his first career atbat and the homer will be the first of 16 round-trippers the Tiger outfielder will hit coming off the bench during his 13-year career in Detroit.
June 19, 1963
May 5, 1922
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- The Visit - Every pitcher has lived through this one $21.50 – $29.00
- Robison Field 1893 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your St. Louis Cardinals $18.00
- Crosley Field 1912 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Cincinnati Reds $18.00
- MVP Ultimate Fan Package $99.00
- Dave Parker Special $13.50 – $19.00
- Legends of Baseball - Aaron to Ozzie