On April 26, 1941, the Chicago Cubs become the first major league team to install an organ in their home ballpark. Although the organ makes a successful debut at Wrigley Field, the Cubs lose their game to the rival St. Louis Cardinals, 6-2.
1990 – Astros Special Assistant Donald Davidson dies in Houston at age 64. Only four-feet-tall after contracting a childhood illness, Davidson spent 50 years in baseball, working his way up from batboy to baseball executive. Davidson came to Houston in 1976 and served a number of front-office roles. His body was donated to science.
October 19, 2019
The Tigers announce Jim Leyland’s contract has been extended through 2013, after he managed the team to an American League pennant on a one-year deal this season. The 67 year-old skipper has been a major league manager for 21 years, including the last seven with Detroit, where he led the club to the postseason three times a
October 30, 2012
Trailing, 2 – 0, the Orioles score 14 runs over the final three innings to defeat the Athletics, 14 – 3, in the first game of a doubleheader. Rafael Palmeiro drives home six runs for Baltimore, and each member of the starting lineup, with the exception of leadoff man Roberto Alomar, gets at least two hits. The Orioles stroke 19 hits for the second day in a row off Oakland pitching. Baltimore also takes the nightcap, 5 – 4 in 10 innings.
August 16, 1996
1942 – The largest night crowd in St. Louis history watch two aces deal, the Dodgers’ Whit Wyatt and the Cardinals’ Mort Cooper, go scoreless for 12 innings. Both teams score in the 13th, and the Cards win it in the 14th, 2 – 1, on Walker Cooper’s solo shot. The win by Cooper cuts the Dodgers’ lead over St. Louis to 5 1/2 games.
August 25, 1942
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Memorial Stadium "Legacy" 1954 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Baltimore Orioles $18.00
- Three Rivers Stadium 1971 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Pittsburgh Pirates $18.00
- Robison Field 1893 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your St. Louis Cardinals $18.00
- Riverfront Stadium 1970 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Cincinnati Reds $18.00
- 1979 Pittsburgh Pirates we are family Championship remembered $31.50 – $39.00
- Anaheim Stadium 1966 Baseball Tee Shirt - Home of Your Los Angeles Angels $18.00