On October 3, 1904 – Christy Mathewson of the New York Giants strikes out 16 Cardinals in a 3 – 1 Giants victory. His 16 strikeouts set a new record as he finishes the game in one hour and 15 minutes.
Ralph Kiner of the Pittsburgh Pirates becomes the first player to lead the National League in home runs for seven consecutive seasons
September 27, 1952
September 23, 1962
Steve Carlton of the Philadelphia Phillies sets a National League record by fanning his 3,118th batter, surpassing Bob Gibson on the all-time list.
September 21, 1980
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Pittsburgh’s Greatest Teams
- The Greatest Game Ever Pitched: Juan Marichal, Warren Spahn, and the Pitching Duel of the Century $14.95
- Sicks Stadium 1969 Baseball Sweatshirt Crewneck or Hoodie - Home Of Your Seattle Rainers and Pilots $30.00
- Polo Grounds 1890 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the New York Giants $18.00
- Fulton County Stadium 1966 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Atlanta Braves $18.00
- "Then Roy Said to Mickey. . .": The Best Yankees Stories Ever Told (Best Sports Stories Ever Told) $14.10