On October 3, 1904 – Christy Mathewson of the New York Giants strikes out 16 Cardinals in a 3 – 1 Giants victory. His 16 strikeouts set a new record as he finishes the game in one hour and 15 minutes.
May 13, 1942
Minnesota Twins become the first team in American League history to belt five home runs in one inning.
June 9, 1966
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Baseball in Altoona: From the Mountain City to the Curve $12.15
- The 50 Greatest Players in Pittsburgh Pirates History $30.00
- 1979 Pittsburgh Pirates we are family Championship remembered $31.50 – $39.00
- Keepsake Engraved Bats $40.00
- Boston Strong! 2013 Boston Red Sox World Championship Remembered $29.50 – $38.00
- This Day In Baseball Mug