On March 11, 1974, Commissioner Bowie Kuhn orders the Atlanta Braves to play Hank Aaron in at least two of the team’s season-opening three games on the road. The Braves had planned to bench Aaron on the road in order to increase his chances of hitting his record-breaking 715th home run at home.
About The Author
We make your memories come to life!
June 5, 1949
January 19, 1934
Commissioner Happy Chandler and players’ representatives agree on the split of the TV and radio rights from the World Series.
November 8, 1950
February 4, 1969
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- The Astrodome 1965 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Houston Astros $18.00
- Robison Field 1893 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your St. Louis Cardinals $18.00
- Shea Stadium 1964 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your New York Mets $18.00
- Riverfront Stadium 1970 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Cincinnati Reds $18.00
- Player Page Sponsorship $25.00
- Managers do not like relief pitchers who fail $21.50 – $29.00