On June 20, Corey Seager hits three homers in the Dodgers’ 12 – 0 win over the Mets. He drives in 6 runs as the Dodgers have hit 9 homers in two games against the struggling Mets, while rookie Cody Bellinger continues his red hot hitting with his NL-leading 22nd homer. Brandon McCarthy pitches 6 innings for the win and Brock Stewart works the final three for his first career save.
The White Sox trade Harold Baines, their all-time home run leader, and left-fielder Fred Manrique to the Rangers for outfielders Scott Fletcher and Sammy Sosa, along with southpaw Wilson Alvarez. Three seasons later, the Pale Hose will send Slammin’ Sammy to the Cubs, where the Dominican slugger will hit 545 home runs during his 13-year stay with their crosstown rivals.
July 29, 1989
With homers in four straight at-bats and five in two games, Cleveland’s Manny Ramirez ties a major league record. The Indian right fielder, who homered in his final three at-bats last night, goes deep off of Twin Bob Tewksbury in the first and takes a 3-2 pitch to left in the fifth for his fifth homer in six at-bats.
September 16, 1998
Andre David hits his only big league home run in his first major league at-bat, a two-run home run off Jack Morris to propel Minnesota to a 5-3 victory over Detroit. The second-inning shot helps to put an end to the right-hander’s 11-game win streak over the Twins.
June 29, 1984
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Three Rivers Stadium 1971 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Pittsburgh Pirates $18.00
- Ump's getting even $21.50 – $29.00
- Robison Field 1893 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your St. Louis Cardinals $18.00
- Event Page Sponsorship $10.00
- 10 Cent Beer Night Milwaukee County Stadium T-Shirt $18.00
- Seals Stadium 1959 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the San Francisco Seals $18.00