On August 18, 1998 — Detroit edges Seattle, 7 – 6, despite five hits by Mariners’ SS Alex Rodriguez. Rodriguez hits two doubles and a pair of homers and drives in two runs in a losing cause.
Louisville’s Tom McCreery hits three home runs, providing the difference in the Colonels’ 10-7 victory over the Phillies at the Baker Bowl. Each of the outfielder’s round-trippers is of the inside-the-park variety, and all are given up by Philadelphia right-hander Jack Taylor.
July 12, 1897
In Cincinnati, Reggie Sanders hits two homers and P Dave Burba launches his first major league home run as the Cincinnati Reds beat the Pittsburgh Pirates, 7 – 6. The Reds get the deciding runs in the 7th with Sanders’ second home run and Eduardo Perez, son of Reds star Tony Perez, hits his first major league homer, off Steve Parris.
July 14, 1996
The Orioles hire 54 year-old Buck Showalter to become the club’s skipper. The two-time American League Manager of the Year, known for his ability to build winners, takes over a team with the worst record in the major leagues at 31-70.
July 29, 2010
October 19, 2019
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Dave Coverly Collection $21.50 – $29.00
- Shibe Park 1909 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the Philadelphia A's $18.00
- Yankee Stadium 1923 Baseball Sweatshirt Crewneck or Hoodie - Home Of Your New York Yankees $30.00
- 1984 Bless You Boys Detroit Tigers World Championship $31.50 – $39.00
- The Greatest Game Ever Pitched: Juan Marichal, Warren Spahn, and the Pitching Duel of the Century $14.95
- Veterans Stadium 1971 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Philadelphia Phillies $18.00