On June 25, 1973, the San Francisco Giants activate pitching coach Don McMahon. Remarkably, the 43-year-old will go 4-0 with six saves and a spectacular ERA of 1.48. Despite his surprising success as a reliever, the Giants will release McMahon on October 9.
At the Polo Grounds, Carl Hubbell wins his 4th straight and his 20th in a row, subduing the Cubs, 4 – 1. The game is scoreless for six innings. Hubbell matches the mark of Rube Marquard, who won one game in 1911 and 19 straight more in 1912.
May 9, 1937
April 5, 1982
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Legends of Baseball - Aaron to Ozzie
- Dodger Stadium 1962 Baseball Sweatshirt Crewneck or Hoodie - Home Of Your Los Angeles Dodgers $30.00
- "Then Roy Said to Mickey. . .": The Best Yankees Stories Ever Told (Best Sports Stories Ever Told) $14.10
- Managers do not like relief pitchers who fail $21.50 – $29.00
- Baker Bowl 1887 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Philadelphia Phillies $18.00
- Dave Parker Special $13.50 – $19.00