On April 25 1970, Earl Wilson nearly scores after he strikes out when Minnesota catcher Paul Ratliff, trapping a third strike, inadvertently rolls the ball to the mound instead off tagging the batter or throwing to first base. With the Twins heading to the dugout believing the inning is over, the Detroit hurler begins running the bases and is heading home when outfielder Brant Alyea retrieves the ball and throws it to shortstop Leo Cardenas covering the plate, making the right-hander go back to third, resulting in a unique 7-6-7 run-down play.
About The Author
We make your memories come to life!
October 3, 2012
April 22, 1970
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Oriole Park at Camdon Yards 1992 Baseball Sweatshirt Crewneck or Hoodie - Home Of Your Baltimore Orioles $30.00
- Fenway Park 1912 Baseball Tee Shirt - Home of Your Boston Red Sox $18.00
- Keepsake Engraved Bats $40.00
- Short-Sleeve Unisex T-Shirt $33.50 – $39.50
- Oakland Alameda Stadium 1968 Baseball Tee Shirt - Home of Your Oakland A's $18.00
- Tiger Stadium 1918 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Detroit Tigers $18.00