1987 – In his first major-league game, Ken Caminiti homers and triples, scoring the game-winning run in the bottom of the ninth for a 2-1 triumph over Philadelphia. Another rookie, Gerald Young, singles off Mike Jackson with the bases loaded to send the fans home happy. Danny Darwin goes the distance on a four-hitter.
October 15, 2019
In the earliest conclusion of the Fall Classic, Boston’s Carl Mays three-hits the Cubs 2-1, with the Red Sox winning the World Series in six games. The regular season was shortened by a month to meet the obligation of many major leaguers to leave their team, after being drafted into the military to serve in World War I.
September 11, 1918
In the second inning of the Cubs’ 12-2 rout of St. Louis at Wrigley Field, Ernie Banks sets the record for home runs hit by a shortstop when he hits a two-run, two-out shot off Redbird southpaw Paul LaPalme for his 40th round-tripper. ‘Mr. Cub’ will extend the mark to 44 homers this season and will boost the total to 48 in 1958.
September 2, 1955
After being elected by the Pre-Integration Veterans Committee in December, the induction of Yankee owner Jacob Ruppert, 19th-century backstop Deacon White, and umpire Hank O’Day marks the first time the Hall of Fame ceremony doesn’t include a living selection. The last time there weren’t any inductees alive to be honored occurred in 1968, when Pud Galvin, the game’s first 300-game winner, was enshrined 63 years after his death.
July 28, 2013
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Seattle Kingdome Past Home of Your Seattle Seahawks & Mariners $18.00
- 1979 Pittsburgh Pirates we are family Championship remembered $31.50 – $39.00
- Arlington Stadium 1972 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Texas Rangers $18.00
- Veterans Stadium 1971 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Philadelphia Phillies $18.00
- Fulton County Stadium 1966 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Atlanta Braves $18.00
- The Hidden Fan $21.50 – $29.00