On June 20, Former Dodger general manager Al Campanis dies of a heart attack at age 81. Campanis is credited with helping to build the Dodger clubs of the 1970s and 1980s.
Phillies southpaw Steve Carlton becomes the all-time National League strikeout leader when he fans Andre Dawson in the third frame of the team’s 1-0 loss in 17 innings at Montreal. Lefty, who tosses ten shutout innings and fans a dozen batters in the Olympic Stadium contest, surpasses Cardinal legend Bob Gibson with his 3,118th career strikeout, taking over the top spot in the Senior Circuit.
September 21, 1981
1971 – Houston erupts for ten runs in the fourth inning as they pound the Giants, 18-4. Cesar Cedeno and Bob Watson both rap two hits in the inning. Cedeno drives in four for the day on a pair of two-run doubles. Larry Dierker picks up his 12th win and is named to the N.L. All-Star team but declines to appear due to a sore elbow.
October 15, 2019
4/28/1980: Two players lost homers due to rain. Yankee Reggie Jackson hit a two run home run in the top of the third inning off Jim Palmer while Baltimore’s Ken Singleton led off the bottom of the fourth with a home run off Mike Griffin. The game was called with the Yankees ahead 4-1 after four innings.
April 28, 1980
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Dave Parker Special $13.50 – $19.00
- Wake Up with some of the most famous bats with the lumber company mug $12.50 – $17.50
- Seattle Kingdome Past Home of Your Seattle Seahawks & Mariners $18.00
- Busch Stadium 1966 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your St. Louis Cardinals $18.00
- Robison Field 1893 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your St. Louis Cardinals $18.00
- The Astrodome 1965 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Houston Astros $18.00