On August 13, 1972, former major league executive George Weiss dies at the age of 78, one year after his induction to the Hall of Fame. Weiss worked for the New York Yankees from 1932 to 1960 before finishing his career with the rival New York Mets.
Hall of Famer Frank Robinson, a member of the 500 Home Run Club, a Triple Crown winner, the first player to win the MVP Award in both leagues, and the first African-American manager in major league history, passes away in hospice care in Los Angeles, CA at the age of 83. He was also a senior executive for Major League Baseball and was still serving as the honorary President of the American League.
February 7, 2019
October 6, 1954
January 13, 1939
February 9, 1972
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Seals Stadium 1959 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the San Francisco Seals $18.00
- Sportsman's Park 1931 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the St. Louis Browns $18.00
- The Chatty Catcher $21.50 – $29.00
- Fenway Park 1912 Baseball Tee Shirt - Home of Your Boston Red Sox $18.00
- What Shift? hit 'em where they ain't $13.50 – $19.00
- Metropolitan Stadium 1961 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Minnesota Twins $18.00