On August 31, 1950, Gil Hodges of the Brooklyn Dodgers ties a major league record by piling up 17 total bases in a game against the Boston Braves. Hodges hits four home runs and a single in leading the Dodgers to a 19-3 win at Ebbets Field.
On a blustery day in Cleveland, the Yankees top the Indians, 4 – 1. Mickey Mantle hits a homer off Bud Daley, while his pal Billy Martin is benched for the first time. Bobby Richardson takes his place at 2B.
May 16, 1956
To celebrate the 50th anniversary of their first ever game in Oakland, CA, the A’s stage a game featuring free admission to anyone registering in advance. The birthday party is a huge success as over 46,000 spectators show up at the Coliseum to see Oakland defeat the White Sox, 10 – 2.
April 17, 2018
Gabe Kapler takes the field donning a numberless uniform during the last game at Tiger Stadium while other players in the starting lineup wear the uniform numbers of the corresponding members of the fan-selected All-Time Detroit Tigers team. The center fielder’s back is blank as a tribute to Ty Cobb, who never wore a number.
September 27, 1999
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Municipal Stadium 1955 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the Kansas City A's $18.00
- Forbes Field 1909 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Pittsburgh Pirates $18.00
- National Park 1950 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the Washington Nationals $18.00
- This one will have you in stitches $21.50 – $29.00
- Robison Field 1893 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your St. Louis Cardinals $18.00
- What Shift? hit 'em where they ain't $13.50 – $19.00