On October 16, 1992, groundbreaking ceremonies are held in Denver for the Colorado Rockies’ new ballpark. Coors Field will open in time for the start of the 1995 season.
After a series of incidents, the Reds suspend OF Bobby Tolan for insubordination. Tolan was in several scuffles with club personnel, went AWOL for two days in August, and began growing a beard, a no-no with the Reds. Tolan, hitting .206, will be traded in November.
September 27, 1973
The Cardinals move past the faltering Giants into third place with a 5 – 4 win over the Braves. Former Brave‚ now Cardinals utility C‚ Bob Uecker hits his first home run of the year‚ then singles in the winning run in the 9th to win it for the Birds. St. Louis is 7 1/2 in back of the first-place Phils.
September 1, 1964
Yhency Brazoban records his 18th save when he works a perfect ninth inning as the Dodgers beat the Mets, 6-5. The Los Angeles freshman, who is filling in for injured closer Eric Gagne, breaks Steve Howe’s club rookie record for saves established in 1980.
July 22, 2005
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- 1988 Los Angeles Dodgers World Championship $31.50 – $39.00
- Keepsake Engraved Bats $40.00
- The Greatest Game Ever Pitched: Juan Marichal, Warren Spahn, and the Pitching Duel of the Century $14.95
- Pittsburgh’s Greatest Teams
- 1984 Bless You Boys Detroit Tigers World Championship $31.50 – $39.00
- This Day In Baseball Mug