On October 16, 1992, groundbreaking ceremonies are held in Denver for the Colorado Rockies’ new ballpark. Coors Field will open in time for the start of the 1995 season.
January 4, 1932
1981 – Burt Hooton spins a three-hitter as the Dodgers take a 6-1 verdict in Game Three of their best-of-five division playoff. The Astros still lead the series, 2-1. Art Howe’s solo shot is the only Houston heroics. Steve Garvey’s two-run blast in the first puts Los Angeles ahead to stay.
October 15, 2019
February 5, 1951
1978 – The traditional Opening Day in Cincinnati is an 11-9 loss to the Reds. Terry Puhl begins the season with a leadoff homer against Tom Seaver and is later joined by Cesar Cedeno and Joe Ferguson in the longball department. Ferguson also starts a triple play when he catches strike three from Joe Sambito, throws out George Foster stealing second then watches Joe Morgan get caught in a rundown between third and home.
October 19, 2019
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- 56: Joe Dimaggio and the Last Magic Number in Sports $17.47
- Managers do not like relief pitchers who fail $21.50 – $29.00
- Player Page Sponsorship $25.00
- Braves Field 1915 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the Boston Braves $18.00
- Sicks Stadium 1969 Baseball Sweatshirt Crewneck or Hoodie - Home Of Your Seattle Rainers and Pilots $30.00
- Seals Stadium 1959 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the San Francisco Seals $18.00