On August 18, 1975, the Hall of Fame welcomes five new members. Earl Averill, Bucky Harris, Billy Herman, Judy Johnson, and Ralph Kiner are honored at Induction Ceremonies in Cooperstown. Kiner gained election to the Hall in his final year of eligibility.
August 8, 1977
January 8, 1986
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
- Giants and Dodgers play 165th game of season to decide to PennantOn October 3, 1962 -- At Dodger Stadium, the Giants beat Los Angeles, 6-4, to take the rubber game of the best-of-three National League playoffs, clinching the National League pennant. LA shortstop Maury Wills sets a major league record for the most games played in a season, appearing in all of his team's 165 games. […]
- Bob Turley & Mickey Mantle top Kansas City A's Radio BroadcastJune 28 1960 - Bob Cerv delivers a check swing double to break a tie in the 8th keeping the Yankees in First Place over the Orioles. Mantle hits his 17th homerun of the season. Bob Turley picks up his 10th win
- Yankees set the Homerun Record vs Red Sox Radio BroadcastOn September 30, 1960 - The Yankees beat the Red Sox, 6 - 5, and set a new American League record for homers with 192. Tony Kubek and Jesse Gonder hit the homers today as the Bombers win their 13th straight.
- Nolan Ryan pitches the Mets to the World SeriesOctober 6, 1969 In what would be his last-ever postseason appearance, Hank Aaron put the Braves up 2–0 in the first inning with a two-run home run, his third of the series, off of Gary Gentry. Once again, the downfall of the Braves was their inability to stave off the hot Met hitters. Tommie Agee […]
- Ted Williams hits 3 run walk off homerun - 1941 All Star GameOn July 8, 1941, at Briggs Stadium, Boston Red Sox star Ted Williams, hitting .405 at the break, hits a dramatic two-out, three-run homer in the bottom of the ninth inning, off Chicago Cubs P Claude Passeau giving the American League a 7-5 win in the All-Star Game. Williams's 4 RBI are matched by National […]
- Warren Spahn beats Mets on 3 Hitter, Aaron, Mathews and Hodges homerOn May 18, 1962, At County Stadium Future Hall of Famer Warren Spahn beats the Mets on a 3 hitter. Hank Aaron, Mack Jones, and Eddie Mathews homer for the Braves. Gil Hodges knocks one out for the Mets. Mathews makes his debut at first base, After 14 years in organized baseball, Milwaukee’s strong man […]
- The Hall of Fame Opens - June 12 1939Radio broadcast from June 12 1939 when the Baseball Hall of Fame first opened.
- Ty Cobb and Tris Speaker get cleared for fixing games - Joe Wood tells us the storyOn January 27 1927 -- Citing accuser Dutch Leonard's refusal to appear at the hearings of January 5th, Commissioner Kenesaw Mountain Landis issues a lengthy decision clearing Ty Cobb and Tris Speaker of any game-fixing charges. Landis orders the Philadelphia Athletics to reinstate Cobb and the Washington Senators to restore Speaker. Both are then made free agents. Philadelphia owner Connie Mack will sign Cobb on February 8th, and Speaker will sign with Washington […]
- Cookie Lavagetto breaks up no hitter with a walk off in the 1947 world seriesOn October 3, 1947, in the 1947 World Series @ Ebbets Field - Cookie Lavagetto of the Brooklyn Dodgers breaks up Bill Bevens’ no-hit bid with two outs in the ninth, Lavagetto pinch-hitting for Eddie Stanky, hits a two-out ninth-inning double giving the “Bums” a dramatic and unlikely 3-2 win over the New York Yankees […]
- Vida Blue on the CBS Evening News June 26 1971On June 2, 1971, this clip was Originally aired of Vida Blue of the Oakland A’s was in the midst of setting the baseball world on its ear when this story aired. Interviews with Blue’s mother is included as are clips of him pitching against the Kansas City Royals. Royals manager Bob Lemon and first […]
- Pedro Martinez Immaculate Inning March 31, 2021
- Giants and Dodgers play 165th game of season to decide to Pennant March 26, 2021
- Bob Turley & Mickey Mantle top Kansas City A's Radio Broadcast March 17, 2021
- Yankees set the Homerun Record vs Red Sox Radio Broadcast March 16, 2021
- Nolan Ryan pitches the Mets to the World Series March 11, 2021
- Ted Williams hits 3 run walk off homerun - 1941 All Star Game March 7, 2021
- Warren Spahn beats Mets on 3 Hitter, Aaron, Mathews and Hodges homer February 7, 2021
- Don Sutton - Steve Garvey fight a divided house in LA February 4, 2021
- Jim Northrup Biography February 4, 2021
- Al Kaline Hall of Fame Biography February 3, 2021