On August 18, 1989 — In a 9 – 2 Toronto win, Baltimore SS Cal Ripken plays in his 1,208th consecutive game, passing Steve Garvey for the 3rd longest streak in major league history; George Bell leads Toronto with two singles, a double and a home run.
1976 – In a twinbill, the Expos’ Joe Kerrigan wins a pair from the Cardinals with two innings of relief work in both games, for the first two wins of his career. Montreal wins, 7 – 5 and 8 – 7.
September 8, 1976
2000 – Arizona Diamondbacks pitcher Randy Johnson wins his second consecutive National League Cy Young Award, and his third overall.
November 14, 2000
1963 – Backup catcher Jim Campbell homers in the 13th for a 2-1 triumph over the Giants. The Colts’ other run comes when Howie Goss, Carroll Hardy and Bob Aspromonte successfully execute a triple steal.
October 19, 2019
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Event Page Sponsorship $10.00
- Exhibition Stadium 1977 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Toronto Blue Jays $18.00
- Anaheim Stadium 1966 Baseball Tee Shirt - Home of Your Los Angeles Angels $18.00
- Fulton County Stadium 1966 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Atlanta Braves $18.00
- Legends of Baseball - Aaron to Ozzie
- 1984 Detroit Tiger Bless You Boys Poster $11.50 – $29.00