On June 21, 1957 In his first major league start, Von McDaniel, who graduated from Oklahoma’s Hollis High School last month, two-hits the Dodgers at Busch Stadium, 2-0. Brooklyn does not get a hit off the 18 year-old bonus baby until the sixth inning.
About The Author
The Phillies have the biggest 1st inning in team history as they score 12 runs on their way to a 17 – 3 rout of the Nationals. A bases-loaded triple by Howie Kendrick highlights the frame which features 9 hits and 4 walks against Jeremy Guthrie and Enny Romero. Washington sets a team mark for most runs allowed in any inning.
April 8, 2017
During the seventh-inning stretch in a game against Detroit, the fans honor Ernie Harwell with a standing ovation upon hearing of the broadcasting icon’s death. In September, the 92 year-old Hall of Fame announcer, who started his major league career with Brooklyn in 1948 and spent 42 years broadcasting Tiger games, shared with the public of diagnosis with inoperable cancer of the bile duct.
May 4, 2010
Derek Lowe and Chan-ho Park combine on a 2-hit shutout of the Diamondbacks to move Los Angeles within a half-game of first place in the NL West. Andre Ethier goes 5 for 5 with 5 RBI in the 7 – 0 win.
September 5, 2008
Subscribe to our Podcast
The Daily Rewind
on Apples Podcast | Spotify | Google | StitcherAnd connect with us wherever else you listen to Podcast and hangout!
Video of the Day
All Time Greats -
Classic Ball Parks
All Time Teams
Boston Red Sox, Brooklyn Dodgers, New York Giants, New York Yankees, Chicago Cubs, St Louis Cardinals, search all teams
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Mickey Mantle turns 89 - Listen to him and his 500th homerunOn October 20, 1931 -- Mickey Mantle, the 'Commerce Comet', is born in Spavinaw, Oklahoma. The newborn's dad, a lead miner known as Mutt, names his son after Mickey Cochrane, not realizing the major league catcher's real name is not Mickey but Gordon. The future Yankee outfielder is glad his father was not aware of […]
- Miracle Mets Win it ALL - Full Game BroadcastUninterrupted full game broadcast of the New York Mets and the Baltimore Orioles. Game 5 of the 1969 World Series. Dave McNally shut out the Mets through five innings and helped himself with a two-run homer in the third inning. Frank Robinson homered in the inning as well, and the Orioles looked to be cruising with a […]
- Bob Gibson wills the Cardinals to the 1964 World ChampionshipOctober 15, 1964 - Bob Gibson pitches on 2 days rest against Mel Stottlemyre a rematch from Game 2. Stottlemyre is 1 of 2 players over 9 Post Starts that was able to beat Gibson. Prior to the start of Game Seven of the 1964 World Series, Cardinals starter Bob Gibson grudgingly obliged the press by posing […]
- Koufax faces the Twins on 2 Days Rest Game 7 1965 World SeriesOctober 14, 1965 - Game 7 1965 World Series. Sandy Koufax throws a 3 hit shutout on 2 days rest. After walking 2 in the 1st he tells catcher John Roseboro my arm is sore I can’t throw the curve. We’ll just blow them away.. Dodger manager Walt Alston was torn between starting Drysdale […]
- Maz Walks it off - Game 7 1960 World Series Yankees vs Pirates Full Radio Broadcast October 13October 13, 1960 -- With the World Series between the Yankees and Pirates knotted at 3 games apiece, Game 7 at Pittsburgh's cavernous Forbes Field would provide one of the most dramatic home runs in World Series history. In the top of the 9th, with a 9-7 lead, the Pirates sent eighteen game winner Bob […]
- After missing a sign Bob Robertson delivers a 3 run HR 1971 World SeriesOn October 12, 1971 The Baltimore Orioles took the first games of the World Series out scoring the Pittsburgh Pirates 16-6. Game 3 shifted to Three Rivers Stadium and with Steve Blass available, The Pirates were up 2-1 in the Bottom of the 7th as Frank Robinson had just homered to make it a one run game for the […]
- The Chairman of the Board Whitey Ford on Tops in Sports"If the World Series was on the line and I could pick one pitcher to pitch the game, I'd choose Whitey Ford every time." - Mickey Mantle Generally considered to be the greatest starting pitcher in the history of the New York Yankees, Whitey Ford was among the premier hurlers of his time. A fierce […]
- Jackie Robinson's last hit - a walk off vs the New York YankeesOn October 9, 1956 --In a 10-inning scoreless pitching duel with both starters going all the way, Jackie Robinson's walk-off single to left in the bottom of the 10th won the game for Clem Labine and kept the Dodgers' championship hopes alive. Tough-luck loser Bob Turley gave up a 10th-inning walk to Jim Gilliam, a […]
- Game 6 1934 World Series - Paul Dean faces School Boy RoweOn October 8, 1934 At Navin Field the St Louis Cardinals Paul Dean won his second game of the series, Dean pitched a complete game 7 hitter, he will go 2-0 in his only World Series appearance. The Tiger's came into the game up 3 games to 2 and pitched ace Schoolboy Rowe who had […]
- Lew Burdette faces off vs Whitey Ford Game 5 1957 World SeriesWhitey Ford and Lew Burdette, facing each other, Game 5 was expected to be a low-scoring affair. However, the game started out with the Yankees looking to score in the first inning. After a leadoff single by Hank Bauer and a sacrifice bunt by Tony Kubek, Gil McDougald hit a line drive that turned into […]
- Yankees hire Dick Howser to replace Billy Martin October 28, 2020
- 1989 World Series - Final Out Dennis Eckersley vs Brett Butler October 28, 2020
- 1985 World Series Final out Bret Saberhagen vs Andy Van Slyke October 28, 2020
- 1984 World Series Finial out - Tony Gwynn vs Willie Hernandez October 28, 2020
- Final out 1983 World Series - Scott McGregor vs Garry Maddux - Rick Dempsey is the Series MVP October 26, 2020
- Bruce Sutter of the Cardinals closes out the `1982 World Series vs Gorman Thomas Milwaukee Brewers October 26, 2020
- 1981 World Series Final Out - LA Dodgers ROY Steve Howe gets New York Yankee Bob Watson to fly out October 22, 2020
- Will McEnaney records the final out when Roy White flies out 1976 World Series October 22, 2020
- Tug McGraw strikes out Willie Wilson to close out 1980 World Series October 22, 2020
- Carlton Fisk walks off vs the Red's Game 6 1975 World Series October 22, 2020