On April 25 2007, At Chase Field Jake Peavy of the Padres strikes out 16 Diamondbacks hitters, including 9 in a row at one point, but San Diego still loses, 3 – 2, to Arizona. The 9 consecutive Ks are one short of the record set by Tom Seaver in 1970. The right-hander loses his bid to tie the mark when Eric Byrnes’ apparent swing on a 3-2 count is ruled ball four, a questionable call by the first base umpire Jeff Kellogg.
About The Author
We make your memories come to life!
July 14, 1968
June 17, 1978
The New York Giants score a major league record 10 runs before the St. Louis Cardinals retire the first batter in the 1st inning. Fred Merkle drives in six of the Giants’ 13 runs in the 1st en route to a 19 – 5 victory. When Giants manager John McGraw decides to save starting pitcher Christy Mathewson for another day, Rube Marquard enters the game in the 2nd inning and sets a record for relievers (since broken) with 14 strikeouts in his eight-inning appearance.
May 13, 1911
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Pirates By the Numbers: A Complete Team History of the Bucs By Uniform Number $14.99
- 1960 Pittsburgh Pirates Maz Walkoff Win $31.50 – $39.00
- Anaheim Stadium 1966 Baseball Tee Shirt - Home of Your Los Angeles Angels $18.00
- Ebbets Field 1913 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the Brooklyn Dodgers $18.00
- The 50 Greatest Players in Pittsburgh Pirates History $30.00
- Arlington Stadium 1972 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Texas Rangers $18.00