On July 8, 1974, journeyman shortstop Jim Mason of the New York Yankees ties a major league record by swatting four doubles in a game against the Texas Rangers. Usually a light hitter, Mason will finish the season with only 18 doubles and a mediocre .250 batting average.
Washington Senators steal an American League record 13 bases in a 16-5 win over the New York Highlanders.
June 28, 1907
June 22, 1962
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- The Visit - Every pitcher has lived through this one $21.50 – $29.00
- All Star Ultimate Package $49.00
- 1988 Los Angeles Dodgers World Championship $31.50 – $39.00
- This one will have you in stitches $21.50 – $29.00
- "Then Roy Said to Mickey. . .": The Best Yankees Stories Ever Told (Best Sports Stories Ever Told) $14.10
- Dave Coverly Collection $21.50 – $29.00