On this February 5 1928 in Brooklyn Dodger history, at the Annual Baseball Writer’s banquet, mayor Jimmy Walker of New York City is twitted about his reported ambition to purchase an interest in the Brooklyn team.
In the bottom of the ninth inning at Forbes Field, Danny Kravitz’s walk-off grand slam off Jack Meyer erases a three-run deficit, giving the Pirates a dramatic 6-5 victory over the Phillies. It is the first career round-tripper hit by the 25 year-old rookie backup backstop.
May 11, 1956
David Ortiz ends the longest home run drought of his career when he connects for the first time this season off Brett Cecil of the Blue Jays in an 8 – 3 Boston win. Red Sox centerfielder Jacoby Ellsbury ties a major league record by recording 12 putouts behind pitcher Brad Penny.
May 20, 2009
In a pitcher’s deal, the Brooklyn Robins send Clarence Mitchell to the Philadelphia Phillies in exchange for George Smith.
February 11, 1923
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- San Diego Stadium 1969 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your San Diego Padres $18.00
- Boston Strong! 2013 Boston Red Sox World Championship Remembered $29.50 – $38.00
- Pirates By the Numbers: A Complete Team History of the Bucs By Uniform Number $14.99
- 10 Cent Beer Night Milwaukee County Stadium T-Shirt $18.00
- Sicks Stadium 1969 Baseball Sweatshirt Crewneck or Hoodie - Home Of Your Seattle Rainers and Pilots $30.00
- Baseball in Altoona: From the Mountain City to the Curve $12.15