On this February 5 1928 in Brooklyn Dodger history, at the Annual Baseball Writer’s banquet, mayor Jimmy Walker of New York City is twitted about his reported ambition to purchase an interest in the Brooklyn team.
Cecil Cooper and Don Money of the Milwaukee Brewers each hit second inning grand slams against the Boston Red Sox
April 12, 1980
For the second time in three seasons, Texas Rangers slugger Juan Gonzalez is voted the American League Most Valuable Player. A native of Puerto Rico, Gonzalez becomes the first Hispanic major leaguer to win two MVP awards.
November 18, 1998
On Opening Day in Kansas City with the team’s theme “We Are The Champions” playing in the background, over 2,000 fans participate the Relay the Way event, establishing a new record when they line up to complete the longest first pitch in baseball history. The ball, which is tossed hand to glove for four hours, travels a distance of nine miles and raises over $100,000 for the Royals’ Urban Youth Academy charity.
April 3, 2016
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- 1979 Pittsburgh Pirates we are family Championship remembered $31.50 – $39.00
- Boston Strong! 2013 Boston Red Sox World Championship Remembered $29.50 – $38.00
- 1984 Detroit Tiger Bless You Boys Poster $11.50 – $29.00
- "Then Roy Said to Mickey. . .": The Best Yankees Stories Ever Told (Best Sports Stories Ever Told) $14.10
- 1988 Los Angeles Dodgers World Championship $31.50 – $39.00
- Ump's getting even $21.50 – $29.00