On May 29, 1976, Houston Astros pitcher Joe Niekro hits the only home run of his 22-year major league career. Strangely enough, Niekro reaches the seats against his brother, Phil, the ace of the Atlanta Braves. Joe Niekro’s unexpected blast helps the Astros to a 4-3 win.
Atlanta Braves slugger Hank Aaron is lifted for a pinch-hitter for the first time in his major league career
May 22, 1969
10/3/1972 1972 – Roric Harrison homers as Baltimore beats Cleveland 4 – 3 in the second game of a doubleheader. With the designated hitter rule on the horizon, it will be the last home run hit by an American League pitcher until interleague play 25 years later.
October 3, 1972
June 17, 1936
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- 1984 Detroit Tiger Bless You Boys Poster $11.50 – $29.00
- MVP Ultimate Fan Package $99.00
- The 50 Greatest Players in Pittsburgh Pirates History $30.00
- 2004 Boston Red Sox World Championship $31.50 – $39.00
- 56: Joe Dimaggio and the Last Magic Number in Sports $17.47
- Dave Coverly Collection $21.50 – $29.00