November 2, 1983 – John Denny garners 20 of 24 of the writers’ first place votes to win the National League’s Cy Young Award, easily outdistancing runners-up Mario Soto and Jessie Orosco. The Prescott, Arizona native posted a 19-6 record with a 2.37 ERA for the National League Champion Phillies.
Dallas Keuchel is born in Tulsa, OK. The lefthander would become the third Astro to win a Cy Young Award, and the first in the American League, after his 20-win season in 2015.
January 1, 1988
November 3, 1965
October 27, 2018
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
- Pirates By the Numbers: A Complete Team History of the Bucs By Uniform Number $14.99
- This one will have you in stitches $21.50 – $29.00
- MVP Ultimate Fan Package $99.00
- "Then Roy Said to Mickey. . .": The Best Yankees Stories Ever Told (Best Sports Stories Ever Told) $14.10
- 1979 Pittsburgh Pirates we are family Championship remembered $31.50 – $39.00
- All Star Ultimate Package $49.00