On July 31, 1897 — John Grimes, who appeared in only three games during his one-year career with the St. Louis Brown Stockings, establishes a major league record by hitting six batters in a nine-inning game. The post-1900 record is four hit batsmen, a dubious mark shared by many pitchers.
2013 – St. Louis evens the World Series with a Game 2 win over the Red Sox, 4 – 2, at Fenway Park, behind outstanding rookie P Michael Wacha. Trailing 2 – 1 after 6 innings, after to a two-run homer by David Ortiz, St. Louis scores two runs in the 7th on a sacrifice fly combined with a pair of errors, and add a third run on Carlos Beltran’s single later in the inning. Boston had won 9 straight World Series game before tonight’s loss.
October 24, 2013
18-year-old Japanese female pitcher Eri Yoshida signs to play with the Chico Outlaws of the Golden Baseball League. She will be the first female player for a professional team in the United States since Ila Borders retired in 2000.
April 9, 2010
Amsterdam Pirates hurler Rob Cordemans becomes the first pitcher in Hoofdklasse history to strike out 2,000 batters in his career, when he gets Jochem Koedijk of Neptunus. It is a bright spot in a loss for the 44-year-old veteran.
April 18, 2019
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- 1988 Los Angeles Dodgers World Championship $31.50 – $39.00
- Memorial Stadium 1954 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Baltimore Orioles $18.00
- Robison Field 1893 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your St. Louis Cardinals $18.00
- The 50 Greatest Players in Pittsburgh Pirates History $30.00
- Pittsburgh’s Greatest Teams
- Ump's getting even $21.50 – $29.00