On July 29, 1908 — John McFarlan of Helena (Arkansas State League) loses his perfect game when the 27th batter refuses to bat, resulting in a 9 – 0 forfeit.
In the 5th inning‚ Frank Howard and Moose Skowron pinch-hit back-to-back home runs for the Dodgers‚ only the second time this has ever occurred in the National League. Cub pitchers Bob Buhl and Don Elston are the victims. But the Cubs hold on to win, 5 – 4, at Wrigley Field.
August 8, 1963
In a rain-interrupted game before 47,871, Don Black of the Cleveland Indians pitches a no-hitter, beating the Philadelphia Athletics 3 – 0 in the first game of a doubleheader. It is the first no-hitter at Municipal Stadium.
July 10, 1947
Cuba wins the 2010 World University Championship. Down 3 – 1 in the bottom of the 10th, Cuba rallies when Alfredo Despaigne hits a three-run homer off the USA’s Noe Ramirez. Japan, the host nation, wins the Bronze Medal, as five pitchers combine on a four-hit, 15-strikeout shutout of South Korea.
August 7, 2010
Chris Sabo will be suspended for seven games, losing approximately $70,000 in salary, and the Reds will be fined $25,000 as the result of his use of a doctored bat in today’s 2-1 loss to Houston at Cinergy Field. The Cincinnati third baseman will claim the bat, which was hollowed out and filled with pieces of rubber balls, wasn’t his, but one of three offered to him by the batboy after he had broken his bat during a plate appearance in the second inning.
July 29, 1996
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Wake Up with some of the most famous bats with the lumber company mug $12.50 – $17.50
- Crosley Field 1912 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Cincinnati Reds $18.00
- Memorial Stadium 1954 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Baltimore Orioles $18.00
- Robison Field 1893 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your St. Louis Cardinals $18.00
- What Shift? hit 'em where they ain't $13.50 – $19.00
- Exhibition Stadium 1977 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Toronto Blue Jays $18.00