On June 20, Josh Beckett pitches his first regular-season shutout in a Boston Red Sox uniform as the Sox defeat the Braves, 3 – 0. He did throw a shutout in Game 1 of the 2007 ALDS.
After 38 consecutive scoreless innings over four games, the Phils push over a run in the 6th inning against the Cubs, and go on to win, 4 – 3. Philadelphia was coming off three straight shutouts at the hands of the Dodgers.
July 26, 1960
Lou Gehrig hits two home runs off Walter Johnson in the Yankees’ 7-5 victory over the Senators at Griffith Stadium. The Iron Horse’s accomplishment marks only the second time in the Big Train’s 20-year career that the right-hander has allowed two homers in the same game to the same player.
August 13, 1926
The first Sunday game at Yankee Stadium draws an estimated 60,000, but the Yankees suffer their first loss of the year, 4 – 3, to the Washington Senators.
April 22, 1923
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- 1984 Detroit Tiger Bless You Boys Poster $11.50 – $29.00
- Shibe Park 1909 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the Philadelphia A's $18.00
- The 50 Greatest Players in Pittsburgh Pirates History $30.00
- Dodger Stadium 1962 Baseball Sweatshirt Crewneck or Hoodie - Home Of Your Los Angeles Dodgers $30.00
- The Dave Coverly Collection $21.50 – $29.00
- The Visit - Every pitcher has lived through this one $21.50 – $29.00