On August 3, 1965 — Judge Roy Hofheinz purchases 53 percent of Bob Smith’s holdings in the Astros, giving Hofheinz a controlling 86 percent of the club’s stock.
The Cardinals take a 3-1 lead in the NLCS by beating the Giants, 8 – 3. The Cards break open a tight 2 – 1 game with a pair of runs against Tim Lincecum in the 5th, then add 2 runs in each of the next 2 innings to run away with the contest. Adam Wainwright is the winner.
October 18, 2012
1934 – Goose Goslin of the Detroit Tigers hits into four double plays, but Detroit still beats the Cleveland Indians, 4 – 1.
April 28, 1934
The Chicago White Stockings make their National League debut with a 4-0 victory over the Grays at the Louisville Baseball Park. The franchise, which will also be known as the Colts and Orphans before becoming the Cubs in 1903, will finish in first place in the circuit’s inaugural season.
April 25, 1876
2015 – Collin McHugh wins his 15th in an 8-0 whitewash of the Twins. Backup catcher Hank Conger goes deep, becoming the tenth Astro to bash ten or more homers during the season, a franchise record. Five days later, Marwin Gonzalez would join the club to tie a major league record for most players with double-digit homers on one team.
October 15, 2019
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- San Diego Stadium 1969 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your San Diego Padres $18.00
- Pittsburgh’s Greatest Teams
- The Greatest Game Ever Pitched: Juan Marichal, Warren Spahn, and the Pitching Duel of the Century $14.95
- Arlington Stadium 1972 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Texas Rangers $18.00
- Riverfront Stadium 1970 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Cincinnati Reds $18.00
- 1960 Pittsburgh Pirates Maz Walkoff Win $31.50 – $39.00