On October 11, 1964, St. Louis’ Ken Boyer hits a grand slam in Game Four of the World Series, capping off a 4-3 comeback win over the New York Yankees. The Cardinals had trailed, 3-0, before Boyer’s blast against Al Downing.
Eric Davis becomes the 22nd player in Series history to hit a home run in his first World Series at-bat
October 16, 1990
October 25, 2003
In the first postseason game ever played at Yankee Stadium, veteran Giants outfielder Casey Stengel becomes the first player to hit a World Series homer in the Bronx ballpark, breaking a 4-4 deadlock in the top of the ninth inning with an inside-the-park round-tripper off Joe Bush. The Game 1 matchup is the first Fall Classic contest to be broadcast nationally.
October 10, 1923
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Metropolitan Stadium 1961 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Minnesota Twins $18.00
- Seattle Kingdome Past Home of Your Seattle Seahawks & Mariners $18.00
- 1988 Los Angeles Dodgers World Championship $31.50 – $39.00
- The Hidden Fan $21.50 – $29.00
- Griffith Stadium 1911 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the Washington Senators $18.00
- This one will have you in stitches $21.50 – $29.00