March 15, 1945, Bear Mountain – With World War II travel restrictions still in effect, the Dodgers open spring training at Bear Mountain with 15 players in camp. Leo Durocher weighs in Curt Davis.
About The Author
At spring training, Washington Senators pitcher Walter Johnson is out of control in his first intersquad game, hitting three batters and walking two. One of the batters he hits is Bucky Harris, who takes a pitch that glances off the side of his head. Johnson gives up seven runs in three innings.
March 26, 1920
January 1, 1941
April 3, 1912
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- The Greatest Game Ever Pitched: Juan Marichal, Warren Spahn, and the Pitching Duel of the Century $14.95
- Plate Create $45.00
- 2004 Boston Red Sox World Championship $31.50 – $39.00
- The Hidden Fan $21.50 – $29.00
- The Chatty Catcher $21.50 – $29.00
- Wake Up with some of the most famous bats with the lumber company mug $12.50 – $17.50