On May 15, 1935, future Hall of Famer Lou Gehrig steals home during the New York Yankees’ 4-0 victory. The run-scoring steal is the last of Gehrig’s 15 career stolen bases of home plate, all of which come as part of double steals.
At Forbes Field, Jackie Robinson steals home in the Dodgers’ 4-2 victory over the Pirates. It is the Brooklyn infielder’s first thievery of the dish, something the rookie will accomplish 19 times during his ten-year career.
June 24, 1947
Vince Coleman steals two bases in the 1st inning of the Cardinals’ 9 – 8 loss to the Cubs to run his season total to 74, breaking the major league rookie record of 72 set the previous season by Juan Samuel. A squeeze bunt by Larry Bowa with the bases full in the 14th scores the winning run. Bowa had earlier tripled with the sacks full. The game takes five hours and three minutes to end.
August 1, 1985
Ron LeFlore of the Detroit Tigers establishes an American League record by stealing his 27th consecutive
August 22, 1978
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Oakland Alameda Stadium 1968 Baseball Tee Shirt - Home of Your Oakland A's $18.00
- Municipal Stadium 1955 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the Kansas City A's $18.00
- National Park 1950 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the Washington Nationals $18.00
- Legends of Baseball - Aaron to Ozzie
- The Pittsburgh Pirates Encyclopedia: Second Edition
- Fulton County Stadium 1966 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Atlanta Braves $18.00