On June 20, Luis Castillo extends his hitting streak to 34 games breaking the 1922 record established by Rogers Hornsby for the longest hitting streak by a second baseman. The Dominican infielder’s streak, the 14th longest in major league history, also ties Benito Santiago’s record set in 1987 for longest accomplished by a Latin player.
1997 – Jeff Bagwell steals third base against Mike Remlinger of Cincinnati to become the first 30-30 (HRs, SBs) player in franchise history. Houston tops the Reds, 6-3. A four-run eighth is the difference, keyed by a two-run pinch single by Bill Spiers.
October 15, 2019
Jason Schmidt matches a 102-year-old Giants franchise record with 16 strikeouts, fanning his final three batters to escape a 9th-inning jam and preserve a 2 – 1 victory over the Florida Marlins.
June 5, 2006
Larry Parrish is 5 for 5‚ including 3 homers‚ with 5 RBIs and 5 runs scored to lead the Expos to a 14 – 4 win over the Cardinals. Del Unser also homers for Montreal.
May 29, 1977
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Fenway Park 1912 Baseball Tee Shirt - Home of Your Boston Red Sox $18.00
- The Kingdome 1977 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Seattle Mariners $18.00
- Busch Stadium 1966 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your St. Louis Cardinals $18.00
- Short-Sleeve Unisex T-Shirt $33.50 – $39.50
- MVP Ultimate Fan Package $99.00
- Municipal Stadium 1955 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the Kansas City A's $18.00