On May 7, 2009, Major League Baseball suspends Manny Ramirez for fifty games after he tests positive for the use of a banned substance. The 36 year-old Dodgers Star Outfield and most productive player, will not be eligible to return to the team until July 3, apologizes to the fans, explaining he did not take steroids, but was given a medication which a doctor thought was okay to be prescribed. He is the most prominent player yet caught under Major League Baseball’s PED policy implemented in 2005.
About The Author
The Indians score eight in the 1st and nine in the 2nd in a 24 – 6 win over the Yankees at home. Johnny Hodapp of the Indians becomes the first American League player to get two hits in an inning twice in a game. He strokes 2 singles in both the 2nd and 6th innings of the game. The Yankees’ lead shrinks from 11 1/2 games to 6 in one week.
July 29, 1928
In a thirty-nine page decision, U.S. District Judge John G. Koeltl upholds a New York City law passed in April which bans the use of metal bats in high school baseball games. After Mayor Bloomberg’s veto was overturned by the City Council, legal action was begun by a coalition of bat manufacturers, the USA Baseball organization, various coaches, as well as some of the parents of the scholastic ballplayers.
August 28, 2007
The New York Mets’ Sid Fernandez strikes out 16 Atlanta Braves, but the portly Polynesian portsider still loses, 3 – 2, on Lonnie Smith’s leadoff home run in the bottom of the 9th.
July 14, 1989
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Oriole Park at Camdon Yards 1992 Baseball Sweatshirt Crewneck or Hoodie - Home Of Your Baltimore Orioles $30.00
- Busch Stadium 1966 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your St. Louis Cardinals $18.00
- Braves Field 1915 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the Boston Braves $18.00
- 1984 Bless You Boys Detroit Tigers World Championship $31.50 – $39.00
- Legends of Baseball - Aaron to Ozzie
- 1984 Detroit Tiger Bless You Boys Poster $11.50 – $29.00