On October 3, 1968.00 In the third inning of Game 2 of his complete-game World Series victory over St. Louis, 8-1, Tiger starting pitcher Mickey Lolich hits a solo homer off Nelson Briles. The Busch Stadium round-tripper will be the only home run the southpaw will hit during his 16-year big league career.
The Los Angeles Dodgers come back to beat the New York Yankees, 8 – 7, in a sloppy three-hour marathon and tie the World Series, 2-2. The Yankees blow a 6 – 3 lead. On one play, Reggie Jackson loses the ball in the sun and it bounces off his shoulder for a two-base error.
October 24, 1981
October 15, 1917
Arnold “Chick” Gandil of the Chicago White Sox meets with gambler Joseph Sullivan and talks about “fixing” the upcoming World Series
September 18, 1919
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- The Kingdome 1977 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Seattle Mariners $18.00
- Shibe Park 1909 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the Philadelphia A's $18.00
- Griffith Stadium 1911 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the Washington Senators $18.00
- Ebbets Field 1913 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the Brooklyn Dodgers $18.00
- Three Rivers Stadium 1971 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Pittsburgh Pirates $18.00
- 56: Joe Dimaggio and the Last Magic Number in Sports $17.47