1951 – The National Labor Relations Board files unfair labor practices charges against the Cleveland Indians on a claim the club fired a ticket seller at the union’s request. This is the first case against baseball under the Taft-Hartley Act.
The Angels clinch their fifth AL West title in the last six years with their 11-0 win over Texas. Although the team has been very successful reaching the postseason, Los Angeles has won just one playoff series since winning Game 7 of the 2002 World Series for their only championship.
September 28, 2009
The Mariners land the most sought-after free agent when the team signs Robinson Cano to a 10-year, $240-million contract, a value that equals Albert Pujols’ deal with the Angels for the third largest in baseball history. The Yankees, the 32 year-old’s former team who did not want to commit those kinds of dollars or years for their All-Star second baseman, recently inked outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury for $153 million (7 years) and catcher Brian McCann for $85 million (5 years).
December 12, 2013
1970 – The Reds trade former ace Jim Maloney to the Angels for Greg Garrett. Maloney was just 0-1 this year and will do no better in California.
December 15, 1970
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Short-Sleeve Unisex T-Shirt $33.50 – $39.50
- 1984 Detroit Tiger Bless You Boys Poster $11.50 – $29.00
- The Pittsburgh Pirates Encyclopedia: Second Edition
- Braves Field 1915 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the Boston Braves $18.00
- The Astrodome 1965 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Houston Astros $18.00
- 1979 Pittsburgh Pirates we are family Championship remembered $31.50 – $39.00