On October 26, 1996, the New York Yankees clinch their 23rd World Championship by defeating the Atlanta Braves, 3-2. The Bombers win the World Series, four games to two. Joe Girardi’s RBI triple keys a three-run rally against Greg Maddux. John Wetteland is named Series MVP after posting his fourth save.
October 10, 1926
The largest crowd ever to attend a World Series game, 86,288 fans, jam into Cleveland’s Municipal Stadium to witness a showdown between two future Hall of Famers. Braves’ southpaw Warren Spahn beats Bob Feller and the Indians in Game 5 of the Fall Classic, 11-5.
October 10, 1948
The Philadelphia Phillies win their first-ever World Series game behind Grover Cleveland Alexander, 3 – 1
October 8, 1915
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- 1984 Bless You Boys Detroit Tigers World Championship $31.50 – $39.00
- Baker Bowl 1887 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Philadelphia Phillies $18.00
- Wrigley Field 1916 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Chicago Cubs $18.00
- Veterans Stadium 1971 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Philadelphia Phillies $18.00
- The Kingdome 1977 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Seattle Mariners $18.00
- Anaheim Stadium 1966 Baseball Tee Shirt - Home of Your Los Angeles Angels $18.00