On June 23, 1981, the Pawtucket Red Sox and Rochester Red Wings complete the longest game in professional baseball history. Dave Koza’s bases-loaded single in the bottom of the 33rd inning gives Pawtucket a 3-2 win. The game features several future major league stars, including Cal Ripken Jr.
Ty Cobb, making his pro baseball debut at the age of seventeen, hits a home run and double for the Augusta Tourists in the South Atlantic League.
April 26, 1904
Salt Lake City Trappers lose to the Billings Mustangs ending their record of 29 consecutive victories
July 27, 1987
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Boston Strong! 2013 Boston Red Sox World Championship Remembered $29.50 – $38.00
- Memorial Stadium 1954 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Baltimore Orioles $18.00
- 56: Joe Dimaggio and the Last Magic Number in Sports $17.47
- Baker Bowl 1887 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Philadelphia Phillies $18.00
- Candlestick Park 1960 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your San Francisco Giants $18.00
- Ump's getting even $21.50 – $29.00