On June 23, 1981, the Pawtucket Red Sox and Rochester Red Wings complete the longest game in professional baseball history. Dave Koza’s bases-loaded single in the bottom of the 33rd inning gives Pawtucket a 3-2 win. The game features several future major league stars, including Cal Ripken Jr.
New York Yankees demote struggling rookie Mickey Mantle to their Kansas City farm team in the American Association
July 15, 1951
New York Senator Kenneth Keating proposes a ban within 100-mile radius on telecasts into minor league territories.
January 13, 1958
April 28, 1930
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- What Shift? hit 'em where they ain't $13.50 – $19.00
- Player Page Sponsorship $25.00
- 1984 Bless You Boys Detroit Tigers World Championship $31.50 – $39.00
- Baseball in Altoona: From the Mountain City to the Curve $12.15
- Managers do not like relief pitchers who fail $21.50 – $29.00
- Keepsake Engraved Bats $40.00