On August 28, 1936, Giants player/manager Bill Terry inserts himself as a pinch-hitter against the Pirates, delivering a bases-loaded single to give his team their 15th straight win. Terry hit .341 in his big league career, and won three pennants as New York’s manager.
July 3, 1966
10/3/1972 1972 – Roric Harrison homers as Baltimore beats Cleveland 4 – 3 in the second game of a doubleheader. With the designated hitter rule on the horizon, it will be the last home run hit by an American League pitcher until interleague play 25 years later.
October 3, 1972
April 25, 1975
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- "Then Roy Said to Mickey. . .": The Best Yankees Stories Ever Told (Best Sports Stories Ever Told) $14.10
- Griffith Stadium 1911 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the Washington Senators $18.00
- Wrigley Field 1916 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Chicago Cubs $18.00
- This Day In Baseball Mug
- San Diego Stadium 1969 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your San Diego Padres $18.00
- Sicks Stadium 1969 Baseball Sweatshirt Crewneck or Hoodie - Home Of Your Seattle Rainers and Pilots $30.00