On August 31, 1917, 22-year old Red Sox lefty Babe Ruth won his 20th game of the season, defeating the Athletics, 5-3. Ruth won 24 games that season, the second straight year he had reached the 20-win mark. Ruth posted a career 94-46 mark as a pitcher, but earned his fame as a slugger.
Carl Hubbell, working two innings in relief, wins his 24th consecutive game when the Giants beat Cincinnati, 3-2. Mel Ott’s ninth-inning home run proves to be the difference in the Crosley Field contest.
May 27, 1937
September 21, 1934
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- The Chatty Catcher $21.50 – $29.00
- Baseball in Altoona: From the Mountain City to the Curve $12.15
- 1960 Pittsburgh Pirates Maz Walkoff Win $31.50 – $39.00
- Sicks Stadium 1969 Baseball Sweatshirt Crewneck or Hoodie - Home Of Your Seattle Rainers and Pilots $30.00
- Tiger Stadium 1918 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Detroit Tigers $18.00
- Memorial Stadium 1954 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Baltimore Orioles $18.00