On January 22, 2003, the Boston Red Sox make one of the best free agent signings in their history, nabbing David Ortiz. Ortiz, who never really had a chance to play regularly in Minnesota, will blossom in Boston, clubbing 31 homers in 2003, and following it with 41 and 47 in his next two seasons. His clutch hits will become legendary among “Fenway Faithful.”
About The Author
We make your memories come to life!
January 18, 1973
All-Star outfielder Gary Sheffield is traded by the Los Angeles Dodgers to the Atlanta Braves in 3 player deal.
January 15, 2002
May 25, 1989
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Pittsburgh’s Greatest Teams
- The Pittsburgh Pirates Encyclopedia: Second Edition
- Plate Create $45.00
- 10 Cent Beer Night Milwaukee County Stadium T-Shirt $18.00
- Managers do not like relief pitchers who fail $21.50 – $29.00
- The Hidden Fan $21.50 – $29.00