July 5 1924 Babe Ruth unconscious at Griffith Stadium in Washington during a game against the Senators. The Babe was out for 5 minutes after colliding with the wall going for a ball. Once he came to, Muller Huggins wanted to take him out, but Ruth wouldn’t hear of it. He finished playing and had 2 more hits.
1974 – Right fielder Sam Thompson, first baseman Jim Bottomley, and umpire Jocko Conlan, are selected to the Hall of Fame by the Special Veterans Committee.
January 28, 1974
At the Dell Diamond in Round Rock, TexasManny Parra of the Nashville Sounds throws a perfect game against the Round Rock Express. He strikes out 11. Amazingly, it is Parra’s first win and second game in AAA. The contest marks the 8th perfect game in the history of the Pacific Coast League, but only the third to go the full nine innings. On another odd note, all three have come in the 21st Century though the league was formed in 1903: John Halama threw a perfecto in 2001and John Wasdin in 2003.
June 25, 2007
Hod Lisenbee of the Washington Senators pitches a shutout in his first major league start, a 6 – 0 win over the Boston Red Sox.
May 1, 1927
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
- All Star Ultimate Package $49.00
- 1979 Pittsburgh Pirates we are family Championship remembered $31.50 – $39.00
- Hall of Fame Package $149.00
- Dave Coverly Collection $21.50 – $29.00
- The 50 Greatest Players in Pittsburgh Pirates History $30.00
- Baseball in Altoona: From the Mountain City to the Curve $12.15