On May 7, 2009, Ryan Zimmerman joins Sam Rice (1920, 1924, 1930), Heinie Manush (twice in 1933), and Goose Goslin (1928) in becoming only the fourth player in Washington D.C. baseball history to have a consecutive hit streak of 25 games or more. The 24 year-old third baseman kept his streak intact with a first inning single off Randy Wolf in the Nationals’ 11-9 victory over LA at Chavez Ravine.
1986 – Billy Hatcher homers in the 18th inning for an 8-7 victory in Chicago . The game had been suspended for darkness the previous day at 4-4 after 14 frames. Houston scores three in the 17th only to see the lead erased on a three-run bomb by Keith Moreland. In the regular game, Mike Scott fans twelve in an 8-2 victory, which includes a rare four-strikeout inning. The Astros push their lead to eight games over the Reds.
October 15, 2019
American League and National League umpires form a new Association of Major League Umpires. They threaten to strike in the spring of 1969 unless Al Salerno and Bill Valentine are reinstated by the AL.
September 30, 1968
1975 – Davey Lopes steals his 32nd consecutive base without being caught for the Dodgers in a 2 – 0 win over the Mets. This breaks the major-league record set by Max Carey in 1922.
August 9, 1975
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- 1979 Pittsburgh Pirates we are family Championship remembered $31.50 – $39.00
- The Dave Coverly Collection $21.50 – $29.00
- Legends of Baseball - Aaron to Ozzie
- The Greatest Game Ever Pitched: Juan Marichal, Warren Spahn, and the Pitching Duel of the Century $14.95
- Baseball in Altoona: From the Mountain City to the Curve $12.15
- 1984 Detroit Tiger Bless You Boys Poster $11.50 – $29.00