On August 11, 1971 — Skip Lockwood accounts for the only Brewer tally when he homers off Detroit’s Joe Niekro. Each starter goes 7 innings in Detroit’s 2 – 1 victory. The next homer by a Brewer pitcher will come when Milwaukee is in the National League.
Pete Rose singles off Phil Niekro to extend his hitting streak to 44 games, as the Reds edge the Braves, 3 – 2. Rose ties Willie Keeler’s 81-year-old National League record, achieved when foul balls didn’t count as strikes.
July 31, 1978
Arizona also sends Jose Valverde to the Houston Astros for Chad Qualls, Chris Burke and Juan Gutierrez.
December 14, 2007
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Robison Field 1893 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your St. Louis Cardinals $18.00
- This Day In Baseball Mug
- Crosley Field 1912 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Cincinnati Reds $18.00
- MVP Ultimate Fan Package $99.00
- Fulton County Stadium 1966 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Atlanta Braves $18.00
- Dodger Stadium 1962 Baseball Sweatshirt Crewneck or Hoodie - Home Of Your Los Angeles Dodgers $30.00