On December 2, 1927, the St. Louis Browns acquire star outfielder Heinie Manush from the Detroit Tigers in a five-player deal. Manush, who batted .298 for the Tigers, will explode with the Browns, batting .378 with 108 RBIs and a league-leading 241 hits.
March 26, 1974
The Yankees trade two-time MVP Roger Maris to the Cardinals for third baseman Charley Smith. The former Bronx Bomber outfielder will play a key role in the Redbirds’ World Championship next season and will help the club win another pennant the following year, while New York’s newest infielder will hit only .224 during his two-year tenure in New York.
December 8, 1966
November 28, 2014
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
- Baseball in Altoona: From the Mountain City to the Curve $12.15
- The Dave Coverly Collection $21.50 – $29.00
- The 50 Greatest Players in Pittsburgh Pirates History $30.00
- MVP Ultimate Fan Package $99.00
- 1979 Pittsburgh Pirates we are family Championship remembered $31.50 – $39.00
- The Visit - Every pitcher has lived through this one $21.50 – $29.00