On October 9, 1934, the St. Louis Cardinals win the seventh game of the World Series, but not before a near riot takes place. After St. Louis’ Joe Medwick and Detroit’s Marvin Owen brawl, Detroit fans pelt Medwick with debris. Commissioner Kenesaw Mountain Landis orders Medwick to leave the game for his own safety.
About The Author
We make your memories come to life!
October 10, 1960
October 18, 1980
October 13, 1971
October 14, 1972
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Shibe Park 1909 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the Philadelphia A's $18.00
- Fenway Park 1912 Baseball Tee Shirt - Home of Your Boston Red Sox $18.00
- Shea Stadium 1964 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your New York Mets $18.00
- This Day In Baseball Mug
- 56: Joe Dimaggio and the Last Magic Number in Sports $17.47
- 1979 Pittsburgh Pirates we are family Championship remembered $31.50 – $39.00