On July 8, 1962, 41-year-old Stan Musial becomes the oldest man to hit three home runs in a game when he victimizes the New York Mets. The longtime star, who had homered in his last at-bat the previous game, helps the St. Louis Cardinals to a 15-1 win.
Alex Rodriguez slugs his way to the best performance of his career, hitting three home runs in his first three at-bats off Angels pitcher Bartolo Colón. The Yankees win, 12 – 4, as Rodriguez becomes only the 11th player in major league history to collect 10 or more RBI in a game. He is one RBI shy of the American League record of 11 set in 1936 by Hall of Famer and former Yankee Tony Lazzeri, and two short of the major league mark of 12 shared by Jim Bottomley (1924) and Mark Whiten (1993), both of the Cardinals.
April 26, 2005
Boston Red Sox third baseman Jim Tabor slugs two grand slams in a 17-7 win over the Philadelphia A’s
July 4, 1939
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Forbes Field 1909 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Pittsburgh Pirates $18.00
- MVP Ultimate Fan Package $99.00
- Seals Stadium 1959 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the San Francisco Seals $18.00
- The Kingdome 1977 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Seattle Mariners $18.00
- Oakland Alameda Stadium 1968 Baseball Tee Shirt - Home of Your Oakland A's $18.00
- The Pittsburgh Pirates Encyclopedia: Second Edition