On January 15, 1959, the Texas League makes a radical rule change, allowing pitchers to automatically signal an intentional walk. The rule change eliminates the need for the pitcher to intentionally throw four pitches out of the strike zone.
About The Author
We make your memories come to life!
New York Yankees demote struggling rookie Mickey Mantle to their Kansas City farm team in the American Association
July 15, 1951
April 11, 1953
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- What Shift? hit 'em where they ain't $13.50 – $19.00
- Wrigley Field 1916 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Chicago Cubs $18.00
- 2004 Boston Red Sox World Championship $31.50 – $39.00
- Robison Field 1893 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your St. Louis Cardinals $18.00
- Ump's getting even $21.50 – $29.00
- Kauffman Stadium 1973 Baseball Sweatshirt Crewneck or Hoodie - Home Of Your Kansas City Royals $30.00