The expansion Devil Rays unveil their official game uniforms during a special fashion show staged at the Florida Aquarium. The black, green, and blue jersey, which the team will start wearing in 1998, features a manta ray as its logo.
2007 – In a historic first, a player hits a home run off a pitcher who won a Cy Young Award before the hitter was even born. Roger Clemens is the hurler, Cameron Maybin the young slugger.
August 18, 2007
1925 – In the first of 5 games in Washington‚ Walter Johnson gives the Senators a 7 – 3 win over the A’s. Roger Peckinpaugh drives in 3 runs for the Senators. The Senators now lead the A’s‚ who are in a 12-game losing streak‚ by 4 1/2 games.
September 1, 1925
Bowie Kuhn hands Denny McLain his third suspension of the year, this one for carrying a gun, plus other unspecified charges, and ends McLain’s season with a 3-5 record.
September 9, 1970
In a tribute held at a sold-out Shea Stadium, Tom Seaver (41) becomes only the third Met to have his uniform number retired. In addition to managers Casey Stengel (37) and Gil Hodges (14), the future Hall of Fame right-hander, who compiled a 198-124 record (.615) during a dozen seasons with the Amazins, becomes the third person and first player to be honored by the franchise in this manner.
July 24, 1988
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- 1984 Detroit Tiger Bless You Boys Poster $11.50 – $29.00
- Sicks Stadium 1969 Baseball Sweatshirt Crewneck or Hoodie - Home Of Your Seattle Rainers and Pilots $30.00
- Griffith Stadium 1911 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the Washington Senators $18.00
- National Park 1950 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the Washington Nationals $18.00
- Exhibition Stadium 1977 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Toronto Blue Jays $18.00
- 1960 Pittsburgh Pirates Maz Walkoff Win $31.50 – $39.00