On August 7, 1904 — The Giants swap outfielders sending rookie OF Moose McCormick (.266) west to the Reds who in turn send him to Pittsburgh for Jimmy Sebring (.269). The Reds ship Mike Donlin (.356) to the Giants. Turkey Mike, sitting out a month’s suspension for drunken behavior in Chicago, will enjoy the New York life style and being reunited with John McGraw, for whom he starred at Baltimore in 1901. He’ll help the Giants win two straight pennants.
1980 – Ferguson Jenkins is convicted on cocaine possession charges in a Canadian court, but has the verdict immediately erased by Judge Gerald Young because of his years of “exemplary” conduct.
December 18, 1980
The White Sox defeat the Twins, 10 – 6, as OF Albert Belle goes 5 for 5, including a double and home run. C Jorge Fabregas drives in four runs for Chicago.
June 27, 1997
With the 6-3 Cardinals win over the Pirates at PNC Park, skipper Tony La Russa with his 2,195th career triumph moves past Sparky Anderson for third place for most victories by a big league manager. Connie Mack (3,731) and John McGraw (2,763) are first and second on the all-time managerial list for the number of major league wins.
August 25, 2005
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Sportsman's Park 1931 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the St. Louis Browns $18.00
- Managers do not like relief pitchers who fail $21.50 – $29.00
- Sicks Stadium 1969 Baseball Sweatshirt Crewneck or Hoodie - Home Of Your Seattle Rainers and Pilots $30.00
- The Greatest Game Ever Pitched: Juan Marichal, Warren Spahn, and the Pitching Duel of the Century $14.95
- Comiskey Park 1910 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Chicago White Sox $18.00
- Oriole Park at Camdon Yards 1992 Baseball Sweatshirt Crewneck or Hoodie - Home Of Your Baltimore Orioles $30.00